Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
SERVPRO® of South Durham & Orange County Celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Week
Random Acts of Kindness Week
Community Involvement is one of the core values of SERVPRO® of South Durham & Orange County, this commitment to service was on full display this week in the company’s first ever “Random Acts of Kindness Week.” The idea to show appreciation to the community for an entire week came from Amelia Jackson, our Business Development Manager. Enlisting willing participants from every department, the company was able to provide:
- Backpacks filled with toiletries for The Durham Crisis Response Center – Thank you to Bobby Gatewood (Crew Chief)
- Surprise Diaper Dollars given to lucky discoverers at local retailers who found $ (money) taped to the bottom of a few diaper packs – anonymously placed by Anthony Whitis (Production Manager) and Bryan Brink (Crew Chief).
- Letters to our new Pen Pals at a local Assisted Care Facility – delivered by Paul Richardson (Crew Chief), written by Jim McNeely and his fiancé (Orange County Business Development Representative), Holly Corbett (Accounting) and Amelia Jackson.
- Gift Bags delivered to Chapel Hill/Carrboro School Administration for teacher appreciation – delivered by Irene Acosta (Production Manager) and Jim McNeely (Orange County Business Development Representative)
- Gift Bags delivered to UNC Hospital Hillsborough Campus – delivered by Jim McNeely (Orange County Business Development Representative)
- Lunch provided to local Durham Fire Station – Amelia Jackson
For photos of this spectacular week head to The SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Facebook page!
Why SERVPRO of South of Durham and Orange County? Because we have superwoman Yvonne Underwood
Congratulations Yvonne - Employee of the Year 2020
The “H” in the Acronym (H.A.B.I. T.C), which defines values SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County employees strive to follow, stands for happy customers willing to pay. Satisfying the most demanding clients in the fluid, ever changing world of mitigation and restoration is not an easy task. It requires being able to juggle numerous clients and personnel at once, along with having super other worldly customer service skills and no one does it with the style, grace and composure of our office manager- Yvonne Underwood.
Yvonne is a true gem in every way pertaining to the core values of the company. Each and every day she arrives early, with a positive attitude and work ethic like a green beret, ready to protect the SERVPRO brand. Her excellence culminated in her being named the Employee of the Year. This is an honor reserved for the best of the best in the company, as recognized by their peers. Yvonne’s service, commitment and contribution made her the runaway choice for the 2020 Employee of the Year.
Yvonne has been with SERVPRO of South of South Durham and Orange County for four years and the company has reaped the rewards from day one. Along with the cash prize and the prominent plaque, immortalizing her accomplishment she will also get some well-deserved time off. Finally, Yvonne serves as an example of the remaining company values as well; “A” she achieves goals. “B” she strives to be the best and is! “I” stands for being safe- is at her core. “T” which stands for team-work is what she does best. “C” is for community involvement. Yvonne is at the front of the line to assist the company in corporate projects such as the food drive we did in November. In answering the question, why SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County, when you have a water damage situation- think no further than our very own super woman-Yvonne Underwood.
Why Choose SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County?
HABITC - Why SERVPRO?
When faced with a water, fire or trauma emergency why should someone call SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County? When answering this question, the principle subject, above all else, is the customer. All other things are secondary during the time a customer calls in their time of need. The mission statement of SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County reflects this very sentiment. “To develop a team of quality people who focus on excellent service, fairness and mutual respect.”
The team at SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is focused from the initial call for service to provide an exceptional customer service experience. Our technicians, crew chiefs and project managers treat each and every customer as well as each other with mutual respect and fairness. As a team, each individual reflects the company vision, “to be the premiere fire and water clean-up and restoration company in the Triangle. This is achieved by steadfastly, representing the company’s core values shown in the acronym H.A.B.I.T.C.
- Happy Customers: Create happy customers through immediate response, clean presentation, excellent service and communication and a desire to help.
- Achieve Goals: We set and accomplish business goals that help us achieve our personal goals.
- Be the Best: Be the best leader, best manager, best sales representative, best technician, and best office staff. To be the best we must strive for constant improvement.
- I will be safe: for me, my family, my customers, and my company.
- Team Success: We are accountable for ourselves and the roles and responsibilities of our job so that our team will succeed.
- Community Branding: Build brand awareness in our community by respecting our customers, displaying integrity and giving back whenever we are able.
These are the reasons to choose SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County when you have a water, fire or trauma emergency.
The 4 P’s of Why SERVPRO!
You may have seen the lime green SERVPRO vehicles driving around town or perhaps seen our commercials – the powerful brand image of lime green against orange in the logo is unforgettable. Most people know that SERVPRO is synonymous with fire, water, mold, biohazard clean up and restoration. The question still looms, why should you trust SERVPRO above all others with your home when a catastrophe strikes? The answer to that question is the 4 P’s, or Pillars of SERVPRO: Personnel, Process, Products, and Price.
- Personnel: Great organizations are made up of great people. The greatness of SERVPRO is the people behind the brand. Caring, committed, professionals that take pride in their work are the foundation of the SERVPRO franchise system. SERVPRO professionals understand the importance of their work as they assist you in a difficult and stressful time in your life.
- Process: SERVPRO, as a franchise system, has built numerous processes to assure excellence in all areas of operations. With detailed training and structure and the newest technology, SERVPRO has the right processes to work on the smallest to largest jobs and provide exemplary service.
- Products: SERVPRO has an in-house product development team that provides superior products that are designed to truly wow and awe. These products in the hands of a well-trained SERVPRO professional can take water or fire damaged items and in many cases makes them like they were never even damaged.
- Price: SERVPRO can assure fair pricing because the pricing used in insurance claims is set by the insurance company. Your insurance company has set the price that SERVPRO will use as they estimate your claim. This assures you that you will not be overbilled.
SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Recognizes 2019 Employee of the Year
As recognized by a vote of his coworkers, Patrick Hotte is the 2019 SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Employee of the Year. The Employee of the Year award is a prestigious accomplishment that recognizes the company’s most exceptional employee. The recipient of this award embodies the company core values but does so in a way that goes far above and beyond what is expected. The person who has earned this honor is awarded a plaque with their picture prominently displayed in the corporate conference room, a cash prize and additional vacation days. Patrick is project manager that has been with company since November of 2014. Patrick is truly worthy of this award as he has represented the company in an exemplary fashion throughout the year, often pitching in wherever help was needed.
Patrick has a construction background of over 20 years. He is the ultimate team player that mentors new employees and is quick to share his knowledge in order to help the company perform at an optimum level. Patrick is a native of Vermont. He is happily married to his lovey wife Sarah and has three children. He is an avid fisherman, hunter and cook. His sports loyalties are the Boston Bruins, The Michigan Wolverines and The Las Vegas Raiders. He is defined by his large personality, quick wit and friendly demeanor. He is an asset to the company and is truly worthy of the recognition as SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Employee of the Year. Congratulations Patrick and Thank you for your commitment to excellence.
We Are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is an Institute of Inspection, Clean and Restoration Certification (IICRC) Certified Firm.
As an IICRC Certified Firm we must:
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up to date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of in accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace. Every five years the standards of the IICRC are reviewed and updated accordingly.
Equipment Used by SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County
- Moisture Sensor: Used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters: Used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings, allowing us to monitor to drying process in your home or business.
- Thermo Hygrometers: Measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information we can calculate and create an environment most conductive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and often deodorized.
- Infrared Camera: These are used to identify areas of investigation for water damage and document its location with our having to cut into walls.
- Video Borescope: There are used as a noninvasive way to capture images in hard to see locations. They are great to use for duct cleaning, before and after inspections of areas that are difficult to see such as wall cavities, under cabinets, appliances and hollow voids.
- Dehumidifier: These remove moisture from the air. They are particularly useful in basements.
- Air Scrubber: There are portable filtration systems that remove particles, gases and/or chemicals from the air within a given area. They draw air in from the surrounding environment and pass it through a series of filters to remove contaminants.
- Ultra-Low Volume Fogger: These will atomize liquid deodorizing agents producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard to reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers: These dispense solvent based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles.
- Injectidry Floor System: This is used to dry areas of hidden moisture in and under various types of flooring and sub-flooring. It is especially helpful in drying hardwood floors/
Are you Emergency Ready?
A failed water heater or pipe burst can cause major damage and interrupt your business. On average 50% of all businesses never recover from a major disaster. Planning ahead is the #1 way to minimize business interruption. SERVPRO of South Durham Orange County can assist your commercial business with a no cost Emergency Ready Plan that provides critical information to mitigate damage. Key features of the Emergency Ready Plan are:
- Assessment of the building at no charge to identify shutoffs for water, electric and gas.
- A concise profile of critical emergency contracts and vendors.
- A mobile app, so the information is always available.
- Establishing a clear chain of command for mitigation to begin.
- Establishes SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County as your disaster mitigation and restoration company.
SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is here to help any time, day or night. Call us at 919-245-0788 to get Emergency Ready.