Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Why SERVPRO? Scalability!
Why SERVPRO? Scalability!
Why SERVPRO? Scalability!
Scalability is the ability to ramp up resources and manpower to meet situational demands. Why should this matter when selecting a restoration company? The answer is simple, when you need help you need a company that has the resources and manpower to meet your needs right then. SERVPRO’s franchise system allows every franchise to meet their client’s individual and specific needs, by having a support system that can accommodate even the largest loss.
An individual franchise will have the employees and equipment to handle many large losses, but when they receive a call for assistance for an extremely large-scale water emergency on a high rise building with twenty-six floors and the water damage occurs on the twenty-fifth floor affecting ten floors and over eighty rooms the neighboring SERVPRO franchises unite. With a single call to their surrounding SERVPRO franchises the individual franchise that received the emergency call can scale up through the combined efforts of the surrounding franchises working on one accord to make that large scale water emergency, "Like it never even happened."
Additionally, SERVPRO franchises can scale up even more by calling corporate headquarters to activate a large loss response team that specializes in national emergencies. Scalability is one of the major ways SERVPRO differs from other restoration companies. So when you ask, Why SERVPRO? Scalability is at the top of the list.
Inherited Hoarder Home – How Can SERVPRO Help?
Inherited Hoarder Home – How Can SERVPRO Help?
There have been numerous instances where a realtor or new recipient of an inherited property that needs help with the massive accumulation of contents inside the dwelling, calls to inquire if SERVPRO can help. The answer to these inquiries is a resounding - “yes.” SERVPRO provides debris removal, pack out services, cleaning and restoration services. There are unique issues and concerns that make dealing with a hoarder situation a specialty service such as safety, biohazards, molds, pests and malodors.
Safety is the first priority in dealing with any hoarder situation. During the initial assessment all safety measures are addressed to keep SERVPRO technicians safe and to assure that once work is complete the property will be safe of the perils we are contracted to address.
Biohazards are common in hoarder situations due to unsanitary conditions caused due to trash accumulation, human and pet fecal matter, and pest infestations. Deceased animal carcasses are sometimes found in hoarder homes.
Mold is also common in hoarder homes due to unaddressed water intrusions, and high humidity due blocked ventilation because of the accumulation of items preventing air flow and proper dehumidification.
With the large accumulation of contents coupled with unaddressed home maintenance and unsanitary conditions make the home attractive to pests such as bugs and rodents. SERVPRO is not in the pest control business, but we are happy to refer a qualified pest control specialist or hire a company ourselves and include their services in our estimate.
Finally, malodors will be addressed so the property can smell fresh once the other issues have been addressed.
SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is the company to call in the North Carolina Triangle if you inherit a property that has hoarder issues which must be addressed prior to being able to be safely occupied or sold. Call us at 919-596-1242.
Why Realtors Need SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County
For Sale Homes Need SERVPRO
Home sales are big business and the 2021 market is extremely lucrative for sellers and real estate agents. With demand high and property inventory low, sellers regularly see bidding wars over their property with the winners paying significantly above the asking price. This is only the case with properties that are market ready, with no issues to drive the list price down. This is why local agents in Durham, Orange, Alamance, Chatham and Wake Counties need to align themselves with the services of SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County. Top areas that realtors may encounter during a home inspection or onsite property assessment that could diminish the asking price are mold growth, pet, nicotine, other malodors, and water damage.
Mold or fungal growth is often discovered in areas where there was water damage or areas where there is high humidity and stale air with little to no air circulation, such as attics, crawlspaces, and cabinets and closets. Mold growth is a huge concern to buyers due to the associated health risks. SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is a certified mold remediation company which will both estimate and remediate any mold according to the IICRC S520standard for mold remediation.
Odor Mitigation: Odors can easily repel potential buyers. Some of the most common odors are pet odors, smoke or nicotine odors and other malodors such as cooking odors and mustiness. Our team understands the proper processes used to eradicate different odors in a cost effective way so the property can be sold at the highest price point.
Water Damage: Sudden and unexpected water intrusions have occurred during a home sale and SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County has been there to mitigate the damage and save the day. Also a discovered preexisting leak will require proper drying, which is also our forte.
No matter the size, big or small one call does it all. Call SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County at (919) 596-1242 to keep your list price at the highest justifiable level.
SERVPRO is Hero Ready!
SERVPRO is Hero Ready!
When your home is in need of a hero due to water or fire damage, SERVPRO technicians and crew chiefs are here to answer the call. Proper assessment, the right action plan, the correct equipment, adherence to safety, proper documentation and insurance paperwork are key ingredients to making sure your household emergency can be mitigated and restored professionally. To make sure the highest level of professionalism and onsite quality of workmanship is uniform across all SERVPRO franchises nationwide, SERVPRO Head Quarters or (HQ) has created a comprehensive training program for all production technicians and crew chiefs called the HeroReady Program.
The HeroReady program takes production technicians and crew chiefs through and online training program that consist of over twenty hours of ready and testing to prepare them for real world applications. They learn the essentials of safety on the jobsite. They are taught the key principals of water and fire mitigation. Advanced training modules provide lessons in Textile cleaning and content management along with more in depth training on water and fire restoration as well as mold remediation. The HeroReady platform created a foundation of knowledge that enables SERVPRO technicians and crew chiefs to be the heroes you need in an emergency.
SERVPRO® of South Durham & Orange County Celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Week
Random Acts of Kindness Week
Community Involvement is one of the core values of SERVPRO® of South Durham & Orange County, this commitment to service was on full display this week in the company’s first ever “Random Acts of Kindness Week.” The idea to show appreciation to the community for an entire week came from Amelia Jackson, our Business Development Manager. Enlisting willing participants from every department, the company was able to provide:
- Backpacks filled with toiletries for The Durham Crisis Response Center – Thank you to Bobby Gatewood (Crew Chief)
- Surprise Diaper Dollars given to lucky discoverers at local retailers who found $ (money) taped to the bottom of a few diaper packs – anonymously placed by Anthony Whitis (Production Manager) and Bryan Brink (Crew Chief).
- Letters to our new Pen Pals at a local Assisted Care Facility – delivered by Paul Richardson (Crew Chief), written by Jim McNeely and his fiancé (Orange County Business Development Representative), Holly Corbett (Accounting) and Amelia Jackson.
- Gift Bags delivered to Chapel Hill/Carrboro School Administration for teacher appreciation – delivered by Irene Acosta (Production Manager) and Jim McNeely (Orange County Business Development Representative)
- Gift Bags delivered to UNC Hospital Hillsborough Campus – delivered by Jim McNeely (Orange County Business Development Representative)
- Lunch provided to local Durham Fire Station – Amelia Jackson
For photos of this spectacular week head to The SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Facebook page!
Why SERVPRO of South of Durham and Orange County? Because we have superwoman Yvonne Underwood
Congratulations Yvonne - Employee of the Year 2020
The “H” in the Acronym (H.A.B.I. T.C), which defines values SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County employees strive to follow, stands for happy customers willing to pay. Satisfying the most demanding clients in the fluid, ever changing world of mitigation and restoration is not an easy task. It requires being able to juggle numerous clients and personnel at once, along with having super other worldly customer service skills and no one does it with the style, grace and composure of our office manager- Yvonne Underwood.
Yvonne is a true gem in every way pertaining to the core values of the company. Each and every day she arrives early, with a positive attitude and work ethic like a green beret, ready to protect the SERVPRO brand. Her excellence culminated in her being named the Employee of the Year. This is an honor reserved for the best of the best in the company, as recognized by their peers. Yvonne’s service, commitment and contribution made her the runaway choice for the 2020 Employee of the Year.
Yvonne has been with SERVPRO of South of South Durham and Orange County for four years and the company has reaped the rewards from day one. Along with the cash prize and the prominent plaque, immortalizing her accomplishment she will also get some well-deserved time off. Finally, Yvonne serves as an example of the remaining company values as well; “A” she achieves goals. “B” she strives to be the best and is! “I” stands for being safe- is at her core. “T” which stands for team-work is what she does best. “C” is for community involvement. Yvonne is at the front of the line to assist the company in corporate projects such as the food drive we did in November. In answering the question, why SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County, when you have a water damage situation- think no further than our very own super woman-Yvonne Underwood.
Why Choose SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County?
HABITC - Why SERVPRO?
When faced with a water, fire or trauma emergency why should someone call SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County? When answering this question, the principle subject, above all else, is the customer. All other things are secondary during the time a customer calls in their time of need. The mission statement of SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County reflects this very sentiment. “To develop a team of quality people who focus on excellent service, fairness and mutual respect.”
The team at SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is focused from the initial call for service to provide an exceptional customer service experience. Our technicians, crew chiefs and project managers treat each and every customer as well as each other with mutual respect and fairness. As a team, each individual reflects the company vision, “to be the premiere fire and water clean-up and restoration company in the Triangle. This is achieved by steadfastly, representing the company’s core values shown in the acronym H.A.B.I.T.C.
- Happy Customers: Create happy customers through immediate response, clean presentation, excellent service and communication and a desire to help.
- Achieve Goals: We set and accomplish business goals that help us achieve our personal goals.
- Be the Best: Be the best leader, best manager, best sales representative, best technician, and best office staff. To be the best we must strive for constant improvement.
- I will be safe: for me, my family, my customers, and my company.
- Team Success: We are accountable for ourselves and the roles and responsibilities of our job so that our team will succeed.
- Community Branding: Build brand awareness in our community by respecting our customers, displaying integrity and giving back whenever we are able.
These are the reasons to choose SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County when you have a water, fire or trauma emergency.
The 4 P’s of Why SERVPRO!
You may have seen the lime green SERVPRO vehicles driving around town or perhaps seen our commercials – the powerful brand image of lime green against orange in the logo is unforgettable. Most people know that SERVPRO is synonymous with fire, water, mold, biohazard clean up and restoration. The question still looms, why should you trust SERVPRO above all others with your home when a catastrophe strikes? The answer to that question is the 4 P’s, or Pillars of SERVPRO: Personnel, Process, Products, and Price.
- Personnel: Great organizations are made up of great people. The greatness of SERVPRO is the people behind the brand. Caring, committed, professionals that take pride in their work are the foundation of the SERVPRO franchise system. SERVPRO professionals understand the importance of their work as they assist you in a difficult and stressful time in your life.
- Process: SERVPRO, as a franchise system, has built numerous processes to assure excellence in all areas of operations. With detailed training and structure and the newest technology, SERVPRO has the right processes to work on the smallest to largest jobs and provide exemplary service.
- Products: SERVPRO has an in-house product development team that provides superior products that are designed to truly wow and awe. These products in the hands of a well-trained SERVPRO professional can take water or fire damaged items and in many cases makes them like they were never even damaged.
- Price: SERVPRO can assure fair pricing because the pricing used in insurance claims is set by the insurance company. Your insurance company has set the price that SERVPRO will use as they estimate your claim. This assures you that you will not be overbilled.
SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Recognizes 2019 Employee of the Year
As recognized by a vote of his coworkers, Patrick Hotte is the 2019 SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Employee of the Year. The Employee of the Year award is a prestigious accomplishment that recognizes the company’s most exceptional employee. The recipient of this award embodies the company core values but does so in a way that goes far above and beyond what is expected. The person who has earned this honor is awarded a plaque with their picture prominently displayed in the corporate conference room, a cash prize and additional vacation days. Patrick is project manager that has been with company since November of 2014. Patrick is truly worthy of this award as he has represented the company in an exemplary fashion throughout the year, often pitching in wherever help was needed.
Patrick has a construction background of over 20 years. He is the ultimate team player that mentors new employees and is quick to share his knowledge in order to help the company perform at an optimum level. Patrick is a native of Vermont. He is happily married to his lovey wife Sarah and has three children. He is an avid fisherman, hunter and cook. His sports loyalties are the Boston Bruins, The Michigan Wolverines and The Las Vegas Raiders. He is defined by his large personality, quick wit and friendly demeanor. He is an asset to the company and is truly worthy of the recognition as SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Employee of the Year. Congratulations Patrick and Thank you for your commitment to excellence.
We Are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is an Institute of Inspection, Clean and Restoration Certification (IICRC) Certified Firm.
As an IICRC Certified Firm we must:
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up to date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of in accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace. Every five years the standards of the IICRC are reviewed and updated accordingly.
Equipment Used by SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County
- Moisture Sensor: Used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters: Used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings, allowing us to monitor to drying process in your home or business.
- Thermo Hygrometers: Measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information we can calculate and create an environment most conductive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and often deodorized.
- Infrared Camera: These are used to identify areas of investigation for water damage and document its location with our having to cut into walls.
- Video Borescope: There are used as a noninvasive way to capture images in hard to see locations. They are great to use for duct cleaning, before and after inspections of areas that are difficult to see such as wall cavities, under cabinets, appliances and hollow voids.
- Dehumidifier: These remove moisture from the air. They are particularly useful in basements.
- Air Scrubber: There are portable filtration systems that remove particles, gases and/or chemicals from the air within a given area. They draw air in from the surrounding environment and pass it through a series of filters to remove contaminants.
- Ultra-Low Volume Fogger: These will atomize liquid deodorizing agents producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard to reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers: These dispense solvent based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles.
- Injectidry Floor System: This is used to dry areas of hidden moisture in and under various types of flooring and sub-flooring. It is especially helpful in drying hardwood floors/
Are you Emergency Ready?
A failed water heater or pipe burst can cause major damage and interrupt your business. On average 50% of all businesses never recover from a major disaster. Planning ahead is the #1 way to minimize business interruption. SERVPRO of South Durham Orange County can assist your commercial business with a no cost Emergency Ready Plan that provides critical information to mitigate damage. Key features of the Emergency Ready Plan are:
- Assessment of the building at no charge to identify shutoffs for water, electric and gas.
- A concise profile of critical emergency contracts and vendors.
- A mobile app, so the information is always available.
- Establishing a clear chain of command for mitigation to begin.
- Establishes SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County as your disaster mitigation and restoration company.
SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County is here to help any time, day or night. Call us at 919-245-0788 to get Emergency Ready.