SERVPRO® of South Durham & Orange County Celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Week
Community Involvement is one of the core values of SERVPRO® of South Durham & Orange County, this commitment to service was on full display this week in the company’s first ever “Random Acts of Kindness Week.” The idea to show appreciation to the community for an entire week came from Amelia Jackson, our Business Development Manager. Enlisting willing participants from every department, the company was able to provide:
- Backpacks filled with toiletries for The Durham Crisis Response Center – Thank you to Bobby Gatewood (Crew Chief)
- Surprise Diaper Dollars given to lucky discoverers at local retailers who found $ (money) taped to the bottom of a few diaper packs – anonymously placed by Anthony Whitis (Production Manager) and Bryan Brink (Crew Chief).
- Letters to our new Pen Pals at a local Assisted Care Facility – delivered by Paul Richardson (Crew Chief), written by Jim McNeely and his fiancé (Orange County Business Development Representative), Holly Corbett (Accounting) and Amelia Jackson.
- Gift Bags delivered to Chapel Hill/Carrboro School Administration for teacher appreciation – delivered by Irene Acosta (Production Manager) and Jim McNeely (Orange County Business Development Representative)
- Gift Bags delivered to UNC Hospital Hillsborough Campus – delivered by Jim McNeely (Orange County Business Development Representative)
- Lunch provided to local Durham Fire Station – Amelia Jackson
For photos of this spectacular week head to The SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County Facebook page!