Preventive Maintenance and Storm Damage
Most people can relate to experiencing the powerful impact of a powerful storm that brings wind, driving rain, thunder, lightning and hail. These powerful storms often leave a path of destruction, evident in downed trees, localized flooding, power outages, wind damaged properties and vehicles. The immense impact of storms causes millions of dollars each year in property damage. However, proper preventive maintenance to property can minimize the damage and economic impact of storm damage. Here are several things that can be proactively done to lessen the impact of storm damage to your property.
- Have your roof inspected for damage prior to storm season, to correct any issues such loose shingles, damage to chimney flashing or damaged roof vents.
- Have your siding and windows checked to correct any damage that may have previously occurred through normal wear and tear.
- Have foundation checked for cracks and have fixed
- Make sure your sump pump is working correctly
- Fix landscaping issues that may cause water to flow towards the home
- Caulk areas that could be access points for wind driven rain
- Have trees that r leaning, or have dead branches removed
By following these simple tips you can effectively lessen the impact of storm damage to your home.