Equipment Used by SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County
- Moisture Sensor: Used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters: Used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings, allowing us to monitor to drying process in your home or business.
- Thermo Hygrometers: Measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information we can calculate and create an environment most conductive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and often deodorized.
- Infrared Camera: These are used to identify areas of investigation for water damage and document its location with our having to cut into walls.
- Video Borescope: There are used as a noninvasive way to capture images in hard to see locations. They are great to use for duct cleaning, before and after inspections of areas that are difficult to see such as wall cavities, under cabinets, appliances and hollow voids.
- Dehumidifier: These remove moisture from the air. They are particularly useful in basements.
- Air Scrubber: There are portable filtration systems that remove particles, gases and/or chemicals from the air within a given area. They draw air in from the surrounding environment and pass it through a series of filters to remove contaminants.
- Ultra-Low Volume Fogger: These will atomize liquid deodorizing agents producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard to reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers: These dispense solvent based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles.
- Injectidry Floor System: This is used to dry areas of hidden moisture in and under various types of flooring and sub-flooring. It is especially helpful in drying hardwood floors/