'Twas the Night before Christmas Fire Safety Style
‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
The only thing that was stirring was a lone stray mouse
That chewed the house wire
And started a fire.
At that moment appeared Jolly Saint Nick-
who extinguished the fire ever so quick.
He placed the presents one by one
then left some fire tips before he was done.
He sat at the table and began to write
An overloaded outlet came to sight,
This is a No, No and should not be.
The shimmering holiday lights were a sight to see,
But make sure there is water in the base of the tree.
As he finished his cookies he left a new fire alarm
To alert the family of any imminent harm.
A final gift was a trap for the mouse,
as he wiggled his nose and departed the house.
Merry Christmas and to all a good night
As he rode in his sleigh and flew out of sight.
Merry Christmas from SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County
Emergency Supply Checklist for your Vehicle
We at SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County are passionate about emergency preparedness and personal safety no matter the situation. You might hear disaster preparedness warnings in regard to what emergency supplies you should keep in your home, but have you given any thought about your vehicle? Here are some things you should consider:
- How much time do you spend in your vehicle?
- Do you take extra supplies for long trips?
- What would you do in the event of bad weather, car trouble or a flat tire that could cause you to become stranded?
The National Safety Council recommends an array of items to keep in your vehicle and most of these items depend on the distance and landscape that you travel. Every vehicle should have an emergency supply kit located in the trunk. These kits should be checked every six months, and expired items should be replaced to keep it up to date. The vehicle emergency kit should include the following:
- A properly inflated spare tire, wheel wrench and tripod jack
- Jumper cables
- Tool kit and/or multipurpose utility tool
- Flashlight along with extra batteries
- Reflective triangles and brightly colored cloth to make your vehicle more viable
- First aid kit with gauze, tape, bandages, antibiotic ointment, aspirin, a blanket, non-latex gloves, scissors, hydrocortisone, thermometer, tweezers and instant cold compress
- Nonperishable, high-energy foods, such as unsalted nuts, dried fruits and hard candy
- Drinking water
- Reflective vest in case you need to walk to get help
- Car charger for your cell phone
- Fire extinguisher
- Duct tape
- Rain poncho
- Additional items for cold weather include a snow brush, shovel, windshield waster fluid, warm clothing, cat litter for traction and blankets
It's also a good idea to keep family and emergency phone numbers, including your auto insurance provider and a towing company, in your phone and even on paper in cause your phones loses battery/power. Equip your vehicles and stay safe. Always expect the unexpected and you will never be ill prepared.
2015 Employee of the Year SERVPRO of South Durham & Orange County
2015 Employee of The Year
Just in case you missed it in January, Mark Banks is our 2015 Employee of The Year. He was chosen by his team members because of his dependability and everyone loves being around him. "It feels great to be recognized and know that everyone appreciates your hard work."
SERVPRO of South Durham & Orange County is constantly adding amazing people like Mark to our team. To be one of them check out our career opportunities. To stay up to date on new members and get to know our crew visit our website crew photos.
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of South Durham & Orange County has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. "Like it never happened" Contact us for more information.
SERVPRO of South Durham & Orange County Ultimate Toss And Tailgate: Join us For FUN and a Great Cause
Ultimate Toss And Tailgate: SERVPRO of South Durham & Orange County
join SERVPRO of South Durham and Orange County for an evening of family fun and games as we raise money for the Ronald McDonald House of Durham.
Compete in our Cornhole tournament and enjoy the ultimate tailgate experience. We will have lots of food, games, raffles and prizes!
Come prepared to watch Sunday football on the big screen where we will have food trucks, music and adult beverages.
For more details on the event visit tinyurl.com/tossntailgate